Mar 27, 2020
$41.04 - $50.02 hourly
Choose Collingwood General & Marine Hospital:
Explore a role with Collingwood General & Marine Hospital (CGMH) and live your ideal lifestyle. Located on the shores of Georgian Bay, you have the opportunity to enjoy the 4-season recreational community.
CGMH is a 70-bed facility serving more than 60,000 permanent residents and 3.5 million annual visitors to the communities of Wasaga Beach, Collingwood, Clearview and the Blue Mountains. CGMH is an acute care hospital providing emergency care, diagnostic services including lab, imaging and cardio respiratory therapy, as well as two inpatient units (medicine and surgery). In addition, CGMH provides care in specialty areas including obstetrics, orthopaedics, intensive care and surgery. The Hospital also provides outpatient care including dialysis and a wide range of clinics including mental health and rehabilitation services. There are endless opportunities for families, adventure seekers, boaters, foodies and so much more.
At Collingwood General & Marine Hospital, we are anchored by our vision, mission and values and guided by our strategic directions. If you exhibit the core values of CGMH; Inclusive, Caring, Accountable, Respect, Excellence, Teamwork, Adaptable, we want you to join us in providing exceptional services to our patient and their families.
The Respiratory Therapist (RT) Professional Practice Lead supports the Cardio-Respiratory Team by assuming a lead clinical role and is responsible for ensuring that applicable policies and practices are maintained and are up-to-date. The Respiratory Therapist Professional Practice Lead also supports the professional practice and education needs of the Respiratory Therapy Department and other healthcare providers in accordance with the standards for Practice of Respiratory Therapists in the Province of Ontario and best practice in order to ensure the efficient and safe provision of care.
Candidate must be a member in good standing with CRTO
Five (5) years varied Hospital experience in acute care as a Respiratory Therapist with neonate, paediatric and adult population
Current BCLS, NRP, ACLS required
Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to motivate others
Experience in training and teaching others in a clinical setting
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Excellent clinical and technical skills and well-versed in cardio-respiratory best-practices
Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
Must strive to continuously provide a safe and supportive environment for patients, staff, physicians, and volunteers
Must adhere to the duties of workers, as stipulated in the Occupational Health and Safety Act
Must have an ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) in the English language in order to provide excellent communication with team members, patients and families. Ability to communicate in additional language(s) is considered an asset.
Must have basic computer skills
Must be dedicated to professional growth & development
Must be able to perform all bona fide and essential duties of the position, which may include physical demands such as moving/transferring patients, pushing, pulling, bending, etc.
Must have demonstrated excellent attendance/performance record
Excellent organization and prioritization skills
Ability to work independently and effectively communicate with other members of the health care team
Previous experience on a Critical Care Response Team preferred
Member of the Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists and Respiratory Therapy Society of Ontario preferred.
COPD and Asthma (CRE) Education Certification as asset
Related education or training in clinical teaching preferred
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ensures departmental policies and protocols meet best practice guidelines
· Provides front line clinical coaching and mentoring to staff
· Informs the Manager of any concerns related to practice, code of conduct etc. and works with individuals to make necessary improvements
· In consultation with the clinical educator, develops and supports learning plans and training opportunities
· Trouble shoots and problem solves issues relating to the practice of Respiratory Therapy, often in collaboration with the Manager of Critical Care Services
· Partakes in other projects and duties as assigned
· Ensures Employees adhere to Occupational Health & Safety responsibilities
· Advises a worker of the existence of any potential or actual danger to the health or safety of the worker of which the supervisor is aware
· Where so prescribed, provides a worker with written instructions as to the measures and procedures to be taken for protection of the worker; and
· Takes every precaution reasonable in the circumstances for the protection of a worker
· Demonstrates effective communication verbally, non-verbally and written
· Develop and maintain records with respect to patient/client records, and daily personal MIS statistics
· Responsible for searching and sourcing current technology pertaining to equipment and supplies and setting up trials
· Liaison with other Hospital departments
· Functions as a Respiratory Therapist (refer to JD titled Respiratory Therapist for work duties)
Employment Type: Perm, Full-Time
Start Date : April, 2020
Hours of Work: Days, Mon – Fri. Please be reminded that as a Hospital, in order to provide the necessary patient care, our operations run 24/7. Therefore, depending on the program for which you are applying, it may be an expectation that you are available to work weekends, as well evenings, and nights.
Wage: $41.04 - $50.02
Benefits This position includes a comprehensive benefit plan, including but not limited to extended health and dental coverage, life and accident insurance, paid vacation and sick days, short/long term disability plans, HOODIP pension plan, Employee & Family Assistance Program and access to CGMH Perkopolis discounts.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in joining our inspiring team, please apply online before 11:59pm EST on the posting close date by submitting an updated copy of your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format.
Due to the volume of applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please be advised that as part of the mandatory screening process CGMH requires professional references, verification of academic training, professional accreditation, plus a current Police Vulnerable Sector Check.
Collingwood General and Marine Hospital is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. We encourage all qualified individuals including visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2s+ persons, and others who may contribute to a diverse workplace to apply. If contacted regarding a competition, please advise Human Resources of accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Collingwood General & Marine Hospital